We’ve had the privilege of Jocelyn Lee serving our community as President for more than 5 years. It’s now time for her to move on to new challenges. Our community league has an immediate position open for President. Please read the below job description. If this is some that interests you please contact email@example.com.
- The Board of Directors is the legal authority for the Westridge Wolf Willow Country Club Community League.
Term of Office
- Term of office is 1 year.
- A director is expected to be fully informed on community league matters and participate in discussions and decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy.
- Commit to the work of the organization.
- Review the board’s conduct and monitor its performance to ensure compliance with bylaws and policies.
- Speak positively of the league and assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees and communities to enhance the league’s mission.
- Orient new board members.
- Prepare for and arrive on time for all required meetings.
- Develop, monitor, review and approve all policies and other recommendations received from the board, its standing committees and staff.
- Review the bylaws and recommend changes to the membership.
- Participate in the development of the league’s organizational plan, annual review and budget.
- Approve the budget and other financial matters.
- Prepare and present required reports at board meetings.
- Prepare and present an annual report at the annual general meeting.
- Provides leadership to the board by:
- encouraging board members to participate in meetings and activities
- focusing the board’s activities on the organization’s mission
- Ensures the board members are oriented, trained, evaluated and recognized for their contributions.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the board’s decision-making process.
- Acts as a liaison between the community league and other community leagues or civic organizations.
- Promotes the organization’s purpose in the community and to the media and acts as spokesperson for the league.
- Is the primary liaison between the league and EFCL.
- Participates in the selection and release of any paid employees in consultation with other executive officers.
- Plays a leading role in supporting fundraising activities.
- Is responsible for committees by:
- serving as an ex-officio member of all committees and attending their meetings when needed;
- ensuring that committee chairpersons are appointed
- Arranges for the orientation of committee chairpersons.
- Is responsible for the board’s agenda.
- Chairs meetings of the community league according to Robert’s Rules of Order or as designated in the bylaws and ensures meetings adhere to the agenda.
- Acts as one of the signing officers for cheques and other documents such as contracts and grant applications.
- Prepares a President’s Report for the annual general meeting.