Attention WWWCC Residents:
Since May 2020, your Westridge-Wolf Willow-Country Club Community has been working on rejuvenating our two playgrounds with seating, shade, and additional play equipment for accessibility and more diverse engagement and age range. After years of fundraising and working with the City of Edmonton, we recently had the misfortune of being unsuccessful with a $125,000 grant that would have gotten our funds raised to nearly 90% of the total funds needed. Due to the delayed grant results announcement we did not have time to raise the remaining funds in time for the City deadline. Thus, the park projects have been pushed to spring/summer 2024. The fate of the projects has just a few options: 1) raise the remaining funds, 2) reduce the project scope within the funds raised, 3) push the project to 2025 ($250,000 NPDP grant will be lost if build is not complete by 2025), or 4) cancel the project and refund donations.
The Park Rejuvenation Committee is committed to seeing this project come to fruition as we believe strongly in the importance of enhancing our neighbourhood by providing a sun-safe, fun, and engaging outdoor play space for our residents and all Edmontonians. We are COMMITTED to building in 2024 and the other three solutions simply are not an option! Therefore, we need to raise the remaining funds by May 1, 2023 in order to get a guaranteed build in 2024 with the best vendor price and equipment availability. Below is a brief summary of the current fundraising and budget:
- Westridge Playground $264,469: includes gazebo with tables, tree island with benches, trees, and a new play structure.
- Oleskiw Playground $229,541: includes expansion and new play structure, benches, and trees.
- Confirmed funds (fundraised with matching NPDP grant): $186,000
- Unmatched NPDP funding available: $157,000
- Funds needed to be raised by May 1: $157,000
While we have applied for the next $125,000 CFEP grant round, we are charging ahead as if we will not receive this funding. So, today, we are reaching out to you, as a resident, business owner or employee to see if you will support this project. Here are the ways you, your business, or your employer can help ensure these playground projects get completed:
- Donation, any amount, gets a tax receipt and recognition on a board inside of the community hall
- Sponsor, $2500-4999, no tax receipt with recognition at one playgrounds for 25 years
- Sponsor, $5000 and up, no tax receipt with recognition at both playgrounds for 25 years
We thank you very much for your consideration. Please contact us if you have any questions or ideas.
The Park Rejuvenation Committee-Alana, Christina, Danielle, Martin, and Steph